Reporting Student Absences
Attendance, Late Arrivals and Absences
As part of our Safe and Caring School Initiative, when your child is absent from school or running late, please remember to let us know by one of the following methods:
- Phone 403-609-3699 and speak with our receptionist, Mrs. Kari Zimmer.
- Phone 403-609-3699 and leave a message in our attendance mailbox.
- Send an email to email@example.com and your child’s teacher.
- Send a written message to your child’s teacher, if you know ahead of time.
- When you have notified us that a student is away, it is recorded as an excused absence.
- If we do not hear from you, we attempt to contact a parent/guardian by phone and leave a message if possible.
- If we are unable to confirm the reason for the student being away, it is recorded as an unexcused absence.
- All absences are recorded on student Report Cards.